Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Squirrel hunt ct

And the race is on! Happy hunting guys. I propose a bonus 20 points for the best picture showing the cooked game!

15 points for pistol and bow as well! Sorry about the loose ends there guys! And yeah, 20 additional bonus points for best looking cooked game. The pics of food can be submitted up till tomorrow night!

Forkhorn
    I certainly didn't pick the best place to go this morning! Foliage is way to dense lol off to the next place!
    Last edited by CTMarine; 09-01-2012 at 07:14 AM.

Fleeting glimpses so far, but no shots. Had a small doe within 15 yards though... Isn't that always the way?

Not alone out here though - Heard a 22.

lucky you guys get out in the morning... I have to wait till 5:00 to get off work :(

Son of a b***h, I only got out for like 45 mins this morning and I followed 7 or 8 of them in treetops but no good shots, just as I went for the only shot I had, the little rat dropped 30 feet and scurried away... Going out this evening again though then it's on.

I got shutout today too. I'm bringing my rifle out to increase my odds on Monday, instead of the scoped revolver I used today. I'll bring out the wheelgun again after leaf-off.

Forkhorn
    None here yet either. Super dense foliage made it impossible to pick a clean shot. My call works excellent though. Was gettin them agitated but the droves, just none in a clear line. Well there was one but it was a tiny fox squirrel (he was 15 ft away and man was he pissed!) so no go. I did see a bunch of yummy birds for the coming season. I'll post a pic when I get to a PC. As for now, making the drive to Hebron to try again.

Super Moderator Deadeye Logun S16 Champion, Backyard Shootout Champion TooManyHobbies's Avatar
    Images
    Even I went out after work with the air rifle. Two hours, one quick sighting and heard two more scolding me. As I moved closer to them, they vanished. Bumped one deer. Plenty of spider webs stretched across at face height . The only thing I brought out was an empty Tink's 69 bottle (probably Crow's ) and a shot up beer can.
    NOBODY EVER SHOT BAMBI....they shot his momma.

goose egg here... HOWEVER man did I find a hot spot, I had more squirrels in my scope today than I did all last year! no good shots tho... my best opportunity had one less than five feet away, with a nut in his mouth, went for the pistol bonus and as i drew a bead he popped around back the tree and vanished.... Can't wait till the leaves pop off...