Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Squirrel hunt ct

Aw man I gotta get in on this...i have only ever trapped squirrel...i should do a bit of squirrel shooting this year.

All your base are belong to us...

Hahahaha I am all stocked up on .17 and .22 as well here we go!!!!! Also took next Monday/ Tuesday off to go chase the furry ones!!!!

10 Point Yeti Sports 2 - Orca Slap Champion, Selvamani Beer Bar Champion btr22man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chefjlevy87 View Post
    Hahahaha I am all stocked up on .17 and .22 as well here we go!!!!! Also took next Monday/ Tuesday off to go chase the furry ones!!!!
    hey jason, did you still wanna get together on monday and hunt? I forgot its labor day so I've got the whole day off.

Images
    I forgot it was Labor day too, this makes me even more excited for next week and the start of bow season being even closer. It's too bad bow season couldn't open 01 September so we could get labor day in the woods since a lot people have it off.

Quote Originally Posted by btr22man View Post
    hey jason, did you still wanna get together on monday and hunt? I forgot its labor day so I've got the whole day off.

yup! whats the plan?

Images
    My buddy just emailed me - he wants to get our for a few hours Saturday.....

I've never gone out for squirrel before but I'm thinking about giving it a shot this year.. Anyone from the Durham/Wallingford area wanna go for a little while this Saturday?

I can't wait either guys, sighted in a 22 for the first time ever at Wooster Mountain this weekend (it was packed!), with some CCI Stinger ammo. Also test-fired a little Rossi 410 combo - very light, lots of recoil. Been scouting a couple of times, lots of fun listening for them and spotting them in the woods. Bought a dutch oven to make some squirrel stew or fry up some squirrel bits... I'm all in! Going camping with the family this weekend and I will be sneaking off early morning on Saturday to hunt the little rodents. I may be the only one eating squirrel nuggets later in the day but that's OK.

One word of caution: watch out for those WASPS NESTS, this is a bad time of year for them - the nests are getting big and they are ornery as all hell. My son (9 yr old) and I got stung this past weekend, and we were even on a marked trail at the time!

Have fun out there, post some pics if you can

10 Point Yeti Sports 2 - Orca Slap Champion, Selvamani Beer Bar Champion btr22man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chefjlevy87 View Post
    yup! whats the plan?
    I'm good with heading up to your area if you have a place in mind. I'll keep an eye on the weather for monday and give you a call this weekend so we can make some plans.

Quote Originally Posted by Durhamboy View Post
    I've never gone out for squirrel before but I'm thinking about giving it a shot this year.. Anyone from the Durham/Wallingford area wanna go for a little while this Saturday?
    Durhamboy, I'll be heading out in our area on saturday if you wanna join me. I'm free for a few hours in the morning and most of the afternoon.

lets have an opening day tree rat tourny!!!! myself and young buck are heading out to do some exterminateing