Thread: Shooter buck picture!

Images

Shooter buck picture!

I posted pictures of a buck I located last winter in Pachaug SF with antlers on at the end of last Febuary. I found his bedding area, and a couple weeks ago put up a stand in an area that had a lot of buck sign. When I finished, I threw up a camera and caught him and some others in his bachelor group. He is a nice 9 point this year, and hopefully he's not done growing yet. He is camera shy. I got another medium 8 that is still got thick, round velvet at the tips, so he has some more growing to do. Got some other little guys too. All deer pics were bucks this time. Come on September!

9 Point and 8 Point

secret3.jpg secret4.jpg secret5.jpg

The Will Can Not Be Broken

Nice work!

Hopefully they hang around and your dedication pays off!

Nice buck, i hope u get him

CTHS Supportor Horizontal Hunter's Avatar
    Images
    Nice buck for sure and he still has some time to grow. Good luck.

Bob
    Vegetarian: vejiˈte(ə)rēən/noun: old Indian word for lousy hunter.
    Excalibur Exocet, GT Laser II, 2" Bhoning Blazers 125g NAP Spitfire

Images
    Nice very nice ,lets hope you get to see them during the day come September! before they turn nocturnal ..
    What Moultrie trailcam do you have??
    Shoot a Coyote save a Fawn

Images
    I hope they are there too. I had pictures from last winter of bucks there post season, and there are some huge rubs in the area. They are bedding in a thicket that becomes private land and is landlocked. The landowner does not hunt it, and the state land that borders it becomes hardwoods and cedars for miles. It is the only serious block of cover around so I know it is a major bedding area. Usually when I see bucks on camera in the summer, they have moved on by fall. But I think this will pan out. We'll see, it will be my first year hunting this area.

Andy, that camera is the Moultrie I 55. I've had a couple other Moultrie cameras, but If I get another one I'm gonna look for one with a faster trigger speed. I think it misses some animals that walk by it, and the deer seem to notice it when it takes a picture pretty often too.

The first week of the season, while not much fun to hunt because of being warm will be your best chance to get him!

Images
    I agree, I'm always out in early season, and have killed many bucks before October 1st. I've been seeing some red oaks and white oaks with small acorns started. Looks good for this year!

Yes sir! should have you up early come the 15th
    " Bowtech RPM 360 70#, Bowtech Invasion 60# Carbon Express Red, Carbon Express Maxima Hunter, Carbon Express F15, GrimReaper SS, Rage Hyperdermic"