Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cabins, something every outdoorsman wants.

Images
    Nice looking setup Moodus..

Shoot a Coyote save a Fawn

moodus and Hoytman, love both of your cabins, great set ups. Do you guys get good deer from maine and N.Y.?

hoytman
    Quote Originally Posted by Bradysmaster View Post
    moodus and Hoytman, love both of your cabins, great set ups. Do you guys get good deer from maine and N.Y.?
    Yeah we whack a few nice ones there , you got to track and hunt hard but we get them , it's a whole different world up there sit a couple of hours in morning track and still hunt then sit couple of hours before dark

Super Moderator/ CTHS Supporter Fishin` Fun 2 Champion, Turtleshot Champion, chopper2 Champion, Dead Eye - Hardcore Champion, Counterstrike - Lite Champion MoodusHunter's Avatar
    I cleared the area and did the sono tube work but two guys built the exterior in a week. We've been slowly working on the inside. Haven't had the chance to do much deer hunting, mostly bear for one season. There are plenty of deer, moose, turkey, grouse and bear on the land.

CTHS Supporter
    Images
    nice cabins hoytman and moodus. toomany there are some good deals to be had out in the area where hoytman has his cabin, i keep my eyes peeled all the time plus have my wifes family and friends looking as well, just got to be right place at right time.
    http://www.landandcamps.com/ny-land-for-sale

Nice set up gentlemen. In the first set of photos I really like the 4th one. Looks like good weather to rest up to be ready to do some tracking when the snow lets up. I'd love to live in the middle of nowhere. Some people call Danbury the country but where I'm from if you don't need binos to see your neighbor's house then it ain't country.

12 Point
    Beautiful cabins!! My son and I stumbled on to a cabin in the middle of no where (land we hunt) guy built it post Vietnam, and left a diary behind. Pretty interesting reading material. Seems he was having a difficult time with society after returning. Speaks of the deer he sees, and the coyotes. The moon and stars, and storms. Did a hellva job building it, and it's in good shape. Last entry in the journal is 1997......

taxes

How are the taxes on these areas that you own mostly land and just small cabin. Are they affordable, seems like lately buying things is the cheepest part!

hoytman
    Quote Originally Posted by Bradysmaster View Post
    How are the taxes on these areas that you own mostly land and just small cabin. Are they affordable, seems like lately buying things is the cheepest part!
    Lol not like connectaxcut for 63.8 acres and the cabin , it's less then $ 1125.00 a year , I pay $ 6500.00 a year here for way way less

Super Moderator/ CTHS Supporter Fishin` Fun 2 Champion, Turtleshot Champion, chopper2 Champion, Dead Eye - Hardcore Champion, Counterstrike - Lite Champion MoodusHunter's Avatar
    We got our land for a steal (less than $400/acre), guy had to sell! We built cabin for about $10k so far, won't be much more to finish the rest maybe another $2k. Our land is 157.2 acres and 155.2 acres are in tree growth (reduces taxes) which pretty much means that I have to have a management plan and sell some amount of trees every 10 years if it is in the plan. We are not talking that the land needs to be clear cut every 10 yrs more like selective cut a different 20 acres every 5 yrs for mature trees. Our taxes are $750/yr! Someday we are going to build a retirement house for us to get away to on the land but we are a long way off from retiring at this point! Thankfully the wife loves Maine and she was completely on board with buying the land.