Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 10 acre minimum for Shotgun Hunting

CT SwampHunter

Re: 10 acre minimum for Shotgun Hunting

Quote Originally Posted by Andy
    I have been watching three does every evening eating on the back 4 last night only one showed up i watched it for an hour before i got to see its head gear :esup: :esup:
    A massive body and a large pile of bone on its head i hope he sticks around untill sept 15th
    Can I come over and play! :green:

Quote Originally Posted by CT SwampHunter
    Hey Rick, For some reason Andy gets a little selfish the first couple weeks of Bow season. :axe:

CT SwampHunter

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckA
    Quote Originally Posted by CT SwampHunter
    Hey Rick, For some reason Andy gets a little selfish the first couple weeks of Bow season. :axe:
    :lol: I was thinking more along the lines of gun season. :lol:

Images

regarding using a shotgun on my own property, can i legally shoot deer, on my 6 acre parcel, if i am 500 ft from houses other than my own?
    can i get a free landowners permit? i always assumed the ten acre rule applied along with the 500 feet from structures.

the wide bodied big-boy that runs the back-yard does may get entered in the "andy cup" this year!

cheers! mick

Quote Originally Posted by special k
    regarding using a shotgun on my own property, can i legally shoot deer, on my 6 acre parcel, if i am 500 ft from houses other than my own?
    can i get a free landowners permit? i always assumed the ten acre rule applied along with the 500 feet from structures.

the wide bodied big-boy that runs the back-yard does may get entered in the "andy cup" this year!

cheers! mick
    No free landowners permit I dont believe unless you have 10 or more acres. But you can shoot on your own property as long as your 500 feet from any neighbors houses or buildings.

Images

Special K wrote

Mick i am looking forword to seeing your buck entered in the contest its going to be fun to see all the bucks that are entered.
    Last night i got home from seeing my daughter we had a thunder storm as soon as it stop i looked out in the back 4 there was nothing as i scanned the edges i could see a big brown critter crossing the river he came into a small opening where i could get a good look Hey this buck i didnt see before he is has a very wide rack i am guessing he is a 5 or 6 year old.
    It should be a very interesting fall season :green:
    Shoot a Coyote save a Fawn

Quote Originally Posted by special k

cheers! mick
    Yes, you can use a shotgun on your own property within 500 feet of your own house...just make sure you are 500 feet away from your neighbors unless you have written permission from them to be closer. You can not get a free landowner permit unless you own 10 acres of land.

CT SwampHunter

[quote=EnCon Police]
    Quote Originally Posted by "special k":1pj9mk27

cheers! mick
    Yes, you can use a shotgun on your own property within 500 feet of your own house...just make sure you are 500 feet away from your neighbors unless you have written permission from them to be closer. You can not get a free landowner permit unless you own 10 acres of land.[/quote:1pj9mk27]

I just wanted to say that all these little extra tid-bits that we get that you would not generally see in the law book are very very helpful and well appreciated.