PDA

View Full Version : What a rush!!!!!

turkeyjerky57
08-21-2011, 09:15 AM
So a few of us decided to go do some shore fishing last night behind sunny side school in shelton. This was at about 11pm and things were real slow. So at one point I turn to walk up the boat ramp to pee in the woods and what do I see?????? A 6pt buck eating his late night snack of apples!!!! HOLYSH$t! Now I just started hunting about 3yrs now and goin for deer for 1yr. This is my first deer encounter up close and personal. I pull out the flashlight and start walkin towards it to see how close I can get. This is no lie, I walked up to it to about 30ft and he sat there chomping away at these apples off the tree in the middle of the parking lot. Finally he took off, but 30min later he came back out the woods followed by another 4pt buck. I'm goin nuts right now can believe they were that close!!!! They took off again, 20min later a huge doe comes in to the same spot chomping away at the apples 60yrds away from us.. Coolest experience and what a rush walking up to it so close, so I can only imagine how siked I'm gonna be sitting there with my shotgun or crossbow and one is in my crosshairs. I will try to post the video from iPhone. :icon_super::icon_super::icon_super::icon_super::i con_super::icon_super::icon_pidu:

StoneCrusher
08-21-2011, 09:44 AM
very cool. the deer are pretty calm this time of year. I was putting out my trail cams yesterday and I walked with 30-40 feet of a doe eating on the edge of a hay lot.

Horizontal Hunter
08-21-2011, 09:45 AM
So a few of us decided to go do some shore fishing last night behind sunny side school in shelton. This was at about 11pm and things were real slow. So at one point I turn to walk up the boat ramp to pee in the woods and what do I see?????? A 6pt buck eating his late night snack of apples!!!! HOLYSH$t! Now I just started hunting about 3yrs now and goin for deer for 1yr. This is my first deer encounter up close and personal. I pull out the flashlight and start walkin towards it to see how close I can get. This is no lie, I walked up to it to about 30ft and he sat there chomping away at these apples off the tree in the middle of the parking lot. Finally he took off, but 30min later he came back out the woods followed by another 4pt buck. I'm goin nuts right now can believe they were that close!!!! They took off again, 20min later a huge doe comes in to the same spot chomping away at the apples 60yrds away from us.. Coolest experience and what a rush walking up to it so close, so I can only imagine how siked I'm gonna be sitting there with my shotgun or crossbow and one is in my crosshairs. I will try to post the video from iPhone. :icon_super::icon_super::icon_super::icon_super::i con_super::icon_super::icon_pidu:

That is always a great feeling. Enjoy it, Because as once the calander hits September 15th the deer won't let that happen. I swear that they know the calander and what day the hunting season starts and ends. I am also pretty damn sure that they know what day of the week it is and they know that there is no hunting on Sunday.

Bob

passinthru63
08-21-2011, 10:12 AM
I'm with HH on this one....I'm sure those deer get an email about the opener and they won't let you get that close again.

Although I have been thinking about making a fly rod that shoots arrows so I can act like I'm fishing just to get close and then...TWHACK!!! :icon_e_smile:

Wolfecastle
08-21-2011, 09:59 PM
A doe came out of the woods the other morning to walk across my lawn. I was leaving to go to work when I turned, the doe stopped about 30 or so feet from me. we both just stood there staring at each other for about 30 seconds. I slowly got my phone out of my picket to take a picture, but when I raised my hand to get a shot it took off. This will be my first season hunting and I'm already very excited!!

Horizontal Hunter
08-22-2011, 08:33 AM
I'm with HH on this one....I'm sure those deer get an email about the opener and they won't let you get that close again.

Although I have been thinking about making a fly rod that shoots arrows so I can act like I'm fishing just to get close and then...TWHACK!!! :icon_e_smile:

If Red Jacket can make a .410 arrow gun I am sure that you can do it with a fly rod.:icon_e_biggrin:

Bob