PDA

View Full Version : Fawns

Andy
07-01-2011, 02:27 PM
Has anyone seen any Fawns this year ? I have a cam picture of one but its hard to see the spots so i can't really call it a fawn .
The coyotes really do a number on the fawns i am on constant watch for the coyotes prowling my back yard .........

TooManyHobbies
07-01-2011, 04:54 PM
Saw a couple fawns a couple weeks ago along 395. None since.

passinthru63
07-01-2011, 05:00 PM
I've seen a few as well. Haven't been out looking much either.

captmike69
07-01-2011, 07:33 PM
my girl saw one yesterday. she said it was running around frantecly and didnt see the mother

Spider lake
07-01-2011, 10:45 PM
Not seeing any fawns out this way, last year almost every doe i saw had twins. I agree with Andy about the coyotes and bears will take there share of fawns as well. After the snows of last winter many does may have aborted, i am not seeing many yearlings either. Plenty of bucks around though.

bloodtrail
07-02-2011, 12:02 AM
i have 3-places i hunt all in guilford/madison area. 5-cameras out on 5-feeders in these areas and not one fawn. But some real nice bucks. One spot has 6 nice bucks and 2 spikes. One spot in madison has a big big wide 6 pointer and a 9-pointer and all are still growing: I can't wait for september to come!!!

Andy
07-02-2011, 07:48 AM
Not seeing any fawns out this way, last year almost every doe i saw had twins. I agree with Andy about the coyotes and bears will take there share of fawns as well. After the snows of last winter many does may have aborted, i am not seeing many yearlings either. Plenty of bucks around though.

This is going to bite us in the ass in a few years were going to see less deer and less deer keep shooting the does and no fawns to replace the ones shot the deer herd is going to decline to a sparse population i know the numbers are there now but mark my works you will see it all take place its already hapening in some areas (zone4a )

ctdeer
07-02-2011, 08:18 AM
Ive seen 2 fawns. Everyone ive talked to says they have seen at least one. My wife saw a set of twins the other day.

Feedemsteel1983
07-02-2011, 11:50 AM
Ive seen a few fawns this year already about 5 or so plus I was scouting a peice of land in bozrah and jumped a fawn at about 5 yards but the mother was nowhere to be found but I have seen fawns in my area.

farmerjim
07-03-2011, 08:14 AM
i've seen a few this yr, not like i have in the past few yrs. seems like every doe had twins the past few yrs. usually while cutting hay i see a few fawns and deer not many this yr though, also at my familys farm we seem to have had an abundance of coyotes this yr one of the neighbors had them attacking his chickens and they went after his dog. i def think this past winters heavy snow took a toll on the deer and that may be a reason for the decline in fawns?

Andy
07-03-2011, 11:59 AM
I went to the store yesterday and on the way home i spotted something in the road at first i thought it was a dog as i got closer i could make out it was a deer it jumped off to the side of the road and gave me time to set up my droid for a picture t was a very small fawn he acted confused finally he ran across the road into someones yard i didn't see any signs of his mom but i am sure see was around.

Cal45
07-03-2011, 05:58 PM
I was watching two this afternoon in my back yard. They were following momma around. A little while later I saw a buck and a doe together. The doe had kind of a fat belly. She looked like she hadn't dropped yet but it's awfully late now.

bobbythehunter
07-03-2011, 10:32 PM
i've got the one behind the house which i sent in photos from and i saw a pair today just up the road. shouldn't be any lack of fawns i don't think

here is the most recent photo

deerhunt
07-05-2011, 09:22 PM
4057Got this one on my property a little while ago.4055