PDA

View Full Version : fluke time again

bobbythehunter
06-05-2011, 12:10 AM
well had a few hours on saturday, saw that the wind was going to be light, so i figured i'd try it again. good drift for about an hour and managed to catch 6 or 7 fluke. fortunately 4 were keepers. actually threw a keeper back! ended up with a 20.5 inch, 21.5, and 22.5 inch. also caught a cool sea raven!:icon_winkle:

spike_horn
06-05-2011, 08:47 AM
Nice 'quick' plan comes together! Quality sizes too!

It got breezy and cool down here around 4 - 5 pm, you were probably filleting by then!

Andy's going to want more details on that 'fugly' fish, it's one of his favorites! :icon_mrgreen:

Andy
06-05-2011, 09:19 AM
Andy's going to want more details on that 'fugly' fish, it's one of his favorites!

Yup i just love those ugly fish i broke a custom rod a few years ago on a sea raven that went close to 7 pounds i kept keeping hits and missing i got another hit and slamed the hook into him the rod snapped so this fish made my favorite list.

Nice catch bobby its going to get better once the water hits 60..

I wont be fishing for awhile i am helping out a friend who is short of help i hope it wont last all summer better now then during deer season....

captmike69
06-05-2011, 11:31 AM
nice work. u did a lot better than i did yesterday! tide against the wind = no good drift! i love catching something you never catch on a regular basis. the first sea raven i ever caught was about 16"long and had a 24" squid hanging out of its mouth! then ate my bucktail! talk about a hungry hungry hippo!

Cal45
06-05-2011, 07:24 PM
Way to go Bobby! You the man!

Andy
06-07-2011, 07:12 AM
Talked to my fishing partner last night he fished Misc monday the beach was loaded with dog fish he fished three rods at once and had three dog fish on at once wow i didnt miss a thing glad i was working ,hope they leave when i am ready to go fishing i hate dog fish more then sea ravens...

captmike69
06-07-2011, 12:55 PM
word on the water is them stupid things have invaded ri and ny and even ct!!!it dont get much worse then them pieces of junk!

spike_horn
06-07-2011, 06:51 PM
Talked to my fishing partner last night he fished Misc monday the beach was loaded with dog fish he fished three rods at once and had three dog fish on at once wow i didnt miss a thing glad i was working ,hope they leave when i am ready to go fishing i hate dog fish more then sea ravens...

Wonderful ...

Fluke won't move w/ doggies around ...

Andy
06-07-2011, 07:55 PM
The question is how long will the dog fish stay i remember there was a huge invation a few years ago but i dont remember how long they stayed i hope they are go by monday i have it off from work so i can try fishing maybe i should talk to the boss and see if he will let me work next week too LOL!!!!! AT LEAST I Can make some money to buy more jigs LOL!!!!!!

captmike69
06-07-2011, 08:31 PM
from my experience working on the mijoy, once they are here they are here untill the bait leaves or an invasion of blues moves in

spike_horn
06-07-2011, 10:33 PM
I just spoke with a friend who's been fluking hard in all the same places the last 2 weeks and has yet to catch a dog fish???

Maybe there's hope ...

flatlander
06-07-2011, 11:13 PM
Two boats boats at my marina fished Misquamicut and the south side of Fishers today. They each caught one doggie. One guy had an 8.5 - 9 lb. fluke.