PDA

View Full Version : bald eagles at mansfield hollow

farmerjim
02-20-2011, 08:26 AM
went snowshoeing to mansfield hollow yesterday parked at the boat launch, and there was a lady there w/ some binocs looking out to into the cove on the left. she says come check this out 2 bald eagles up in a pine tree. def a good sight to see i never have seen them at the hollow but have seen them down in scotland at the shetucket. took the trail that lead over towards where they were and sure enough dog found a dead deer that they must have been eating on, coyotes or it died of natural causes. the deer was real small probably either a yearling or this past summers fawn.

Andy
02-20-2011, 09:13 AM
Its great to watch them i had one hang around my yard for 3 days last fall it was a young Eagle i threw out some deer carcass's that i butchered maybe thats what it wanted ?

bigbuckdown1979
02-20-2011, 12:52 PM
i found a bald eagle nest 2 years ago along the ct river where i hunt. it is huge. and it seems like the birds stay there all year long. they were down there last winter hanging around and they are always there in the spring and fall when i go striper fishing and deer hunting. the girlfriend loves going with me to look at them. they are huge birds!!