PDA

View Full Version : Found a Buck today

Spotted Crow
11-27-2010, 04:44 PM
I was in a Bow Only area this am. I bumped one on the way to my stand . But saw nothing for the Am. I headed out about 10:30. I still hunted my way out, scouting as I went . Tons of rubs. I mean ALOT. I think it will be a good spot for next season. I Hav only seen one stand in the whole area. I have not hear of many people hunting it. So I may be able to put up a double for My Daughter and I.
But I was on my way out, I bumped a Hawk off the ground. I knew that something must be there. So I headed over. Sure enough a nice 6 pt Tall rack. Almost fully decomposed. Just the head, bones, and the bottom part of the hide. I could not tell if he had gotten hit, or shot. Close enough to a road that he may have been hit. But not dragged in after. Had to have walked back and died. I was going to leave it and let it finnish and have a nice Euro mount. But I took the antlers instead. I hope he wasnt shot becaus the place where I found him, someone didn't look very hard lol!

Andy
11-27-2010, 07:24 PM
Its a shame to find such a nice buck decomposing ..

Horizontal Hunter
11-27-2010, 08:38 PM
You never can tell about him being shot. Just because he was in a bowhunting only area means little. I have seen people in bowhunting only areas with shotguns and heard rifle shots that were very close.

Bob

bobbythehunter
11-27-2010, 11:04 PM
nice fisnd spotted crow! I found one last year or the year before that was somewhat freshly killed. same type of thing. i was stand hunting and a coyote came by and wanted to go downwind of me. he or she couldn't get comfortable but still stayed almost directly downwind of me. shortly after that another one came and they both eventyally just ran off. when i got out of the stand i went over there and there was a somewhat fresh eight pointer lying there. way back in the woods, had to be a deer that got shot and never found. couldn't tell where it was hit. i think some of the hindquaters were gone. I went back a day later and it was almost all gone. i sawed off the small rack. :icon_winkle:

Spotted Crow
11-28-2010, 07:38 AM
You never can tell about him being shot. Just because he was in a bowhunting only area means little. I have seen people in bowhunting only areas with shotguns and heard rifle shots that were very close.

Bob

LMAO HUH! People go into areas that are marked Bow only with GUNS???? NOOO!!! lmao HE HE!

I was only stating I was in a Bow only Area. The Carcus was so bady decomposed I could not tell if it had been shot( with a Bow, Gun or hatchet for that matter) Or hit by a car! Where he was at I doubt he was dragged in by the motorist. So either he got hit walked in and died there. Or he WAS shot by Gun, Arrow, or a Ninja with a blow gun.:icon_e_smile:lmao But, Was never recovered! :icon_cry: