PDA

View Full Version : Buck Fever!

joemichael
11-07-2010, 12:42 PM
This is my first season hunting deer, and I contracted my first case of buck fever yesterday morning. Found a new spot on state land and wasn't settled in my stand till around 730. Around 8AM, i see a deer stealthily approaching, about 30 yds away. A second later, i realize it's a buck! And he's straight in front of me headed my way. My heart starts pounding, and I start shaking! He takes a few steps closer, and I see he's got a nice rack! (I think it was an 8 pt). He quickly approaches me as he's strolling down the game trail, before i know it, he's five yds from me...but now on my right side. I was staying completely still, and for some stupid reason, I draw my bow which is now pointing away from him. Before I can turn around, he became alerted. I think he maybe smelled me. I tried staying perfectly still, but he must have seen me shaking, and he took off about 25 yds, stopped for a moment, then took off again. A half our later i saw a few deer in the distance too. I will be headed back to the same area tomorrow morning to finish what I started! Can't wait to harvest my first deer.

Cal45
11-07-2010, 03:08 PM
Isn't it fun having that adrenalin rush blow your head off? When you stop getting that it's time to quit.

joemichael
11-07-2010, 04:03 PM
Yeah, it sure is thrilling! Up until yesterday, it had been a very uneventful season. I am seeing that the rut is all that it is cracked up to be!

MoodusHunter
11-07-2010, 05:31 PM
Yeah its a crazy feeling! I think it might be raining allday tomorrow!?