PDA

View Full Version : Archery camp day 3-someone turn on the AC

passinthru63
10-26-2010, 10:17 PM
Well we weatherd the storm last night but a few times I thought we were losing the canopy. Man was it warm today.i had bugs by 730 and was hunting in a long sleeve tshirt. We all went back to the same spots as yesterday and I was running just a tad late and moved a decent buck out as I worked into my ground blind. I didn't think he would go far but I never saw him again but my dad did but no shot.

About 915 I had a small 6 come in behind me and worked right into my deadfall and was feeding just 25 yards away. The funny part was I moved out another 15 yards down this deadfall for a better view of the brush and the tree the deer was feeding by was 10 yards from where I sat yesterday. All I needed was about 4 more steps for a perfect shot and then a chipmunk ran across the deadfall between me and the deer and he looked up at it and we were eyeball to eyeball. It seemed like 10 minutes bytt it Iwas only probably 2 before he took a few hops away and started walking off. No shot. All but bobby had deer today but no shooting. It was 70 degrees when we hit the truck at noon. My brother steve and I had to go take or mandatory black bear hunting class this afternoon so no hunting for us. Bob said he was going to chase some ducks and work on his tan. More t
rain tonight and into the morning is what it looks like so we may get to sleep in or go hunt ducks. Might be a good day to do some sneaky hunting if we can take the heat. Cold snap coming for friday and saturday.

Off to bed and more of the same tomorrow.

Andy
10-27-2010, 11:31 AM
Another great post Jim ,it was just as warm here i carried all my gear with me to my blind and was still sweating when i got there ..
Hope you score in jersey....:icon_winkle:

jimr
10-27-2010, 06:54 PM
come on bubba you can do it!!!
My money is on you for the pin. forget the ducks and hunt the bucks!!!

hooks
10-27-2010, 07:43 PM
:icon_pai::icon_pai:he will only win the pin if they count camara shots:icon_winkle: