PDA

View Full Version : Finally got out

Cal45
10-20-2010, 07:50 PM
Today was the first time I've been out. I was in my back yard. Didn't start out very smooth though. I got out in my blind and realized I left my range finder in the house so I went back in and got it. Got back in the blind and got settled in. My cat shows up and wants to be fed. She sits outside the blind meowing so I got up and went back to the house and got some food for her. Settled in again. It was great sitting out there actually hunting deer. As usual all I saw was squirrels. There were at least six of them running around on the lawn. I might have to take a day and thin that herd out a bit. Oh well tomorrow's another day.

SilentMoose
10-20-2010, 08:23 PM
Haha. Last week I went to hunt the woods behind my house for the afternoon and as I was walking back in my lab was sitting there at the edge of the yard waiting for me.

Cal45
10-21-2010, 06:04 PM
Haha. Last week I went to hunt the woods behind my house for the afternoon and as I was walking back in my lab was sitting there at the edge of the yard waiting for me.

I had a lab/shorthair mix. I would put her in the house and go out behind the house or across the road. An hour or so later the wife would let her out. Didn't take long for her to find me. Once I was in a stand that was in a leaning tree. She climbed up the leaning tree and got in my lap. Now what to do? Hunt with the dog in my lap or go home?

Quigly
10-21-2010, 06:41 PM
LOL!!! All you saw was squrrels... Yup, you were deer hunting..... Good for you. Get back out there and relax a bit...