PDA

View Full Version : excting couple of days

youngbuck
10-15-2010, 06:41 PM
so yesterday i went out for a quick goose hunt and killed a couple birds this morning i went out goos in again birds didnt wanna couperate but we did get a couple to come within in range and my buddy got his first honker ever which was nice because we almost didnt go out this morning due to the rain and then this afternoon went for a sit in my treestand after about 45 minutes of swaying back and forth i said hell with it ill go find a good spot to set up on the ground found a few small fresh scrapes in a real this patch and said screw it well see what happens welll dont ya know around 545 i look over my shoulder and there 2 4 point already inside ten yards well they kept comin until they were at about 10 FEET mind u im on the ground with basically no concealment once they looked over though he got a little spooked stomped the hoof a couple of times and i def could have put an arrow in his throat with my eyes closed but he was a young deer and just to have 2 of them that close with no blind/cover on a windy day was cool enough ive never had deer that close to me on the ground its one thing for them to sit under your stand(which has happened to me plenty of time)but for them to almost be within touching distance on the ground is sumthin else...never thought id have a deer starring DOWN at me lol either way figured id share it was nice to have a break from my otherwise hectic season so far and get out and just enjoy hunting for what it is

StoneCrusher
10-15-2010, 07:10 PM
Nice.
I think tomorow morning will be a score day for many. With rain and wind all day. The wind is supposed to be slightly less by 6am and the rain will be gone, but the clouds will make for a very dark night. I think deer will be moving extra early and you may find them browsing till mid morning.

Good luck all!

youngbuck
10-15-2010, 07:52 PM
thanks man and ya def tmrw will produce daytime movement will be way up i want to go out but my buddys band is playin one of the local bars tonight for some reason i just dont see me and 530 am gettin along to good tommorow but i have to move a stand so once i come out of my self induced coma itll be a good day to sneak in and move a stand

joemichael
10-15-2010, 08:10 PM
Wow. That must have been incredible getting that close to a deer on the ground!

bobbythehunter
10-15-2010, 09:11 PM
sounds like a great day. are you waiting for a trophy buck?

youngbuck
10-15-2010, 09:35 PM
not a trophy but its my first year at this property and i know theres bigger deer and he was young so i let him slide if it woulda been big doe i prolly would have went for it just to fill the freezer