PDA

View Full Version : 4 More Days

*HuntЯ*
10-12-2010, 05:01 PM
Till opening day in NY, heading out thrusday afternoon, will be gone for a while. Hopefully ill have some pics to post when i get back, either way its always a good time.

Andy
10-12-2010, 05:32 PM
Good luck looking forword to some pictures and a harvest report....

passinthru63
10-12-2010, 08:00 PM
Good luck and be safe. Can't wait for the report.

Quigly
10-12-2010, 08:07 PM
GOOD LUCK!!!! Knock'em DEAD!!!!!

*HuntЯ*
10-13-2010, 11:48 PM
Thanks, heading out in the am.

*HuntЯ*
11-16-2010, 12:12 AM
Well heres my story, i spent 3 weeks at camp and had a ball. The day i got there there were 4 does feeding within spitting distance of camp so things looked promising. Opening day i had 6 does at 20 and 30 yds in front of my stand.............i let them all walk. I dont know why i do it but the first few i see, i dont take the shot and i do this every year. Second day had 2 nice does come out, picked the one i wanted but could not get the shot i was looking for so i had no choice but to watch them walk away. Third day had 3 does in front of me and 2 more behind me, At 6:15pm, 22yd shot my 3 point muzzy proved its self once again with a double lung shot. She ran right up the quad trail and piled up 30 yds from me. Talk about an easy track job, i wish it was like that all the time. Nice average 1-1/2 yr old doe for this area heading for the freezer.
Saw a bunch more up close and personal at the base of my stands from time to time, fawns, spikes, even a couple of foxes. I love to watch and test them to see how they react and what i can get away with. Tuesday of the last week i was in a ladder stand for about an hour when i hear a buck grunting and coming my way. He was coming down the trail to my left and i was watching for him to show himself at a particular spot, so while watching to the left i see this big brown body come out of the thick stuff 20 yds right in front of me, turn right and walking away. There is a very small window on that side and before i could think of what to do i heard the thwack of the muzzy hitting home. (6:00pm 12yd shot) He ran straight into the nasty stuff and its starting to get dark. Not being to confident about the shot i decided to wait till morning to track. Man what a long night! Walked to the spot and found my arrow, it was now 6 inches shorter, saw no blood, just some hair. Hmm this should be fun, crows started squawking and it sounded like a lot of them so i get on my hands and knees in the prickers and the nasty stuff heading in the direction of the crows. After a 30yd crawl there he is, it was a good shot just behind the shoulder, nice little 6pt. Pix to follow after i get them on the comp.

MoodusHunter
11-16-2010, 07:34 AM
congrats on a good hunt!