PDA

View Full Version : Fawn Sighting

SwampYankee
06-17-2010, 07:20 PM
Had a strange encounter today. I was driving on a dirt road in Ashford today & saw what I thought was a shed antler on a hillside up in the hardwoods so I stopped the truck walked over to it bent down to pick it up & from a blow down up jumped a fawn only 10 feet away from me he she what ever jumped up & ran like a 2 year old. That fawn was big about the size of a small lab what are the chances of walking up to that fawn?

Quigly
06-17-2010, 09:14 PM
Was it a shed???

SwampYankee
06-17-2010, 10:45 PM
Yea, Maple branch shed from a tree Just keeping my eyes tuned in makes for a good shed hunter but a bad driver. I think we are all attic's when we drive are eyes are in the woods more than the road. Hunters that is.

MoodusHunter
06-17-2010, 10:51 PM
Yeah my wife constantly yells at me to keep my eyes on the road instead of looking for deer. She keeps telling me that one day I'll be looking one way for deer and hit one in the middle of the road.

SwampYankee
06-17-2010, 11:15 PM
Yeah my wife constantly yells at me to keep my eyes on the road instead of looking for deer. She keeps telling me that one day I'll be looking one way for deer and hit one in the middle of the road.

That actually happened to a friend of mine Dodge dart swinger. What a way to go could of been worse Pinto or Pacer.

Quigly
06-18-2010, 07:25 AM
Well you have to keep your eyes trained to you environment. Keep looking.:icon_winkle: Yes my wife says the same thing "keep your damn eyes on the road!!!" LOL!!!!!

TooManyHobbies
06-18-2010, 09:22 AM
I guess I'm not alone. My wife was playing Punch Dub, you know when you see a VW and she hits me. I wasn't paying attention to the VW's, but then I point off into the woods and said, "See the deer?" She said I'm going to get into an accident if I don't keep my eyes on the road. Like I won't if she keeps smacking me. lol.

bobbythehunter
06-18-2010, 10:04 AM

moodushunter

that very thing has all but happened to me on a couple of occasions. looking in the filed and see a blur of a deer just missing the front of my truck or car. she is soo right on that

CTtrapper
06-18-2010, 10:14 AM
That actually happened to a friend of mine Dodge dart swinger. What a way to go could of been worse Pinto or Pacer.

Dude, your dating yourself..lol What the hell ever happened to all those cars?

SwampYankee
06-18-2010, 04:03 PM
Dude, your dating yourself..lol What the hell ever happened to all those cars?

Who cares as long as they are gone.