PDA

View Full Version : Question for Hunterfisher

Matt
01-30-2010, 01:59 PM
Hello Hunterfisher my name is matt and I am new to this site. I see you live in North Carolina and I have a question for you about hog hunting in that state. My wife has a aunt that lives outside goldsboro in princeton NC she keeps telling me and my brother in law we need to come down and go hunting for hogs, she says they are a problem down there. My wife also has a couple of cousins who are farmers and own quite a bit of land. My question is when is the season, do you have to get tags, and if you do are they and the licence expensive for out of state hunters.

hunterfisher
01-30-2010, 05:08 PM
Hi Matt, welcome aboard. The only true, Wild Boar, in, NC, are the ones up here in the mountains. You need to tag these. Limit; 1
In the rest of the state, like Goldsboro and Princton, they are considered, ''feral hogs.'' And the, state commission, does not regulate them. There is no season and no limit. A non-res. (basic) hunting license will cost you, $40.00. Good luck, and let me know how you make out.
Kenny

Matt
01-30-2010, 05:25 PM
Kenny thanks for the info.

StoneCrusher
01-30-2010, 07:39 PM
I have hunted down there for hogs. I hunted in the Lake City, SC. area. lots of pigs running around. Hunted many times in FL (used to live there), but SC has a good population of hogs and it is a shorter drive from CT..
If you are going to go down there, best time is Jan-March because In the warm months, they become quiet nocturnal.