PDA

View Full Version : 2009 Archery Deer Harvest

Andy
11-30-2009, 06:18 PM
This is the latest update on the number of deer harvested as of this morning 11/30/09
http://www.depdata.ct.gov/wildlife/hunting/killreports/2009ArcheryDeer.asp

MoodusHunter
11-30-2009, 06:32 PM
looking at those stats I feel that the state should do away with lottery for particular areas. with less than 15% of animals coming from state land! Now before anyone yells here is what I would do instead: You can apply for a state land permit and hunt any of the state land locations. this could mean more deer are taken from location A and none from location B but then again if location A is over hunted wouldn't you like the option of going to location B? I know PA does it like this for the buck permit and then doe permits are lottery with specified numbers to certain areas,not sure about other states.

I think this would increase the appeal of state land hunting, increase revenues related to state licenses(I currently don't buy one but would if I had more options to where I could hunt) and give each and every hunter the ability to move to a different location for hunting. I like moving around, try to only hunt the wind in my favor and I don't like hunting areas that over hunted. Having state wide buck tags would increase my ability to do all of this. Besides with double license fees shouldn't we get something more for our money!?!?!?!