PDA

View Full Version : 10/26 Bow log

TooManyHobbies
10-26-2015, 07:51 PM
Having fun with wildife. Made it out this afternoon at a friend's house. No deer, but a big owl landed on tree limb 20 yards away. I was in my ghillie suit on the ground, with only my right thumb visable. I kept moving my thumb back and forth, and the owl wouldn't take his eyes off me. Flew from limb to limb getting closer. He finally flew away. Pretty cool.
A few minutes later, right at dusk, I saw a fisher. Kissed at him a few times and he came to within 3' of me and standing on back legs to see better, before turning and running off. Sometimes it's the other stuff that we see that makes the hunt a success.
Hope everyone had a good day in the woods.

wishinone
10-27-2015, 04:44 AM
No deer seen again by me yesterday, but I heard a crash and a squirrel started scolding behind me the I saw a hawk was after it. I never seen who won that plus I heard a bunch of barred owls calling while it was still light.

Grizzlyadam
10-27-2015, 06:35 AM
Lucky you still have that thumb too many!!

I sat a new spot on an old property, saw squat. Wont be back out till thursday.

kfirmender
10-27-2015, 07:04 AM
haven't been seeing a thing myself. Seems to be very little movement in the woods so far this year.

TooManyHobbies
10-27-2015, 11:38 AM
Lucky you still have that thumb too many!!

I sat a new spot on an old property, saw squat. Wont be back out till thursday.

I was trying to entice a strike, lol. Not sure what I would've done if he did. Probably just wave and yell at him. I've had one come at my face before while in a stand. He swerved within 4' or so. Scared the bejezzus out of me.

Bradysmaster
10-27-2015, 12:26 PM
I had a 4 pnt come in right at the end of legal light. Didn't get my heart thumping so he got a pass. Finally getting some decent bucks on camera but still only at night.

deermanct
10-28-2015, 08:14 AM
After a bit if a dry spell, I mean not even seeing anything for most of October, I finally had a good morning on state land. I was able to take a nice doe, dressed out at 107.68 on my buddy's scale. I saw a total of 5 deer, 4 does and a small 4 pointer. The buck was close enough to make the shot but I just can't seem to reload my Excal. crossbow in the stand. I don't have the crank cocker but maybe should look into getting one for just such an occasion. Hope to maybe get one more deer for the freezer and that will be plenty of meat for the wife and I for the year. Good hunting to all.

Horizontal Hunter
10-28-2015, 08:35 AM
After a bit if a dry spell, I mean not even seeing anything for most of October, I finally had a good morning on state land. I was able to take a nice doe, dressed out at 107.68 on my buddy's scale. I saw a total of 5 deer, 4 does and a small 4 pointer. The buck was close enough to make the shot but I just can't seem to reload my Excal. crossbow in the stand. I don't have the crank cocker but maybe should look into getting one for just such an occasion. Hope to maybe get one more deer for the freezer and that will be plenty of meat for the wife and I for the year. Good hunting to all.

Congrats on the doe.

Using a hand cocker will make the Xbow more accurate. To re-cock the crossbow in my Summit I pass it out over the rail and bring it up inside the rail to set it on the bottom platform to re-cock the Xbow.

bob

Dive4Blood
10-28-2015, 12:15 PM

Congrats on your deer, good job!

TooManyHobbies
10-28-2015, 12:44 PM
Congrats Deerman.