View Full Version : non resident hunting in pennsylvania

11-27-2014, 11:42 AM
Gentleman, maybe im an idiot, but i find the PA game and fish site to be a little confusing. I cannot find definitively what the requirements are in order to hunt deer in PA on private land. My moms cousin just asked me to come up to his deer camp. So my question is, what are the requirements for a non resident to hunt deer on private land in PA. What exactly do i need to buy(license/tags/permits/etc.)???
Thank you very much for your help guys

11-27-2014, 11:51 AM
Your ct firearms certificate, Your ID and can't owe child support in your home state

11-27-2014, 01:30 PM
Is that for real orrrrrr.....do i really have show my certificate cuz i dont know where it is. Im completely legal here in CT can i just show them my ct license? Dont know if your serious or joking about any of that...what exactly do i need to show them and what exactly do i need to buy?

11-27-2014, 02:03 PM
Go on the PA online hunting license site and it will ask you for your CT license #. It's pretty mych self explanatory - can't buy a license without the min requirements.

11-27-2014, 02:13 PM
All you need is aPA non resident hunting license. You use your home state hunting license to get it. Not sure if you can get a doe permit for the areas your hunting so it will be buck only and they have antler restrictions as well. Good luck!

11-27-2014, 03:03 PM
So i would just have to purchase the non resident license, and also a buck tag? Just those two things?

11-27-2014, 04:16 PM
All u need to buck hunt during the rife season is a non resident hunting license. Allows you to shoot one antlered deer. To shoot a doe you need a doe permit. Most are sold out. Only 2B has some for sale. If the private land is in a DMAP areas then you can get additional permits. Your budy should know what you need for sure.

11-27-2014, 08:34 PM
Ok great, thank you passin