PDA

View Full Version : Area 6 shotgun

keith t
11-23-2007, 04:27 PM
After not seeing a thing in the mornin...we left for lunch & back in the woods in the afternoon...after sitting for a few hours , i decided to take a walk & see if i can't push something towards my buddy...whom helped me drag my 8 pointer i took last year on State land...After walking for almost 2 hours & seeing nothing.....I heard a grunt to my left & a nice buck took off i grunted & he stopped....I had a clear shot & just missed, as i found no blood anywhere... :'( then as i was walking back to where my buddy was a doe popped out on the side of the logging road i was on & i shot & she took off. After seeing alot of blood & not much time i followed her & found her bedded down & finished her off.... ;D

Andy
11-24-2007, 05:54 AM
Nice job on the doe Keith!!!!!! to bad you missed the buck we all miss sometimes ........

11-24-2007, 06:59 AM
Those antlers do it everytime when they jump and run. Congrats on the doe.

Cal45
11-25-2007, 05:36 PM
Congrats on the doe. It's unbleieveable how stupid a buck is this time of year. Stand there and watch you walk by, then run and stop at a grunt. They got to know damned well you are not a deer but they stop anyway to look and say "WHAT?" ???