PDA

View Full Version : Meat grinder

Zack87
10-21-2013, 08:58 PM
Any of you guys out there able to recommend one? I'd like it also to have the capability of cube steaks. I don't want to spend a ton of mula. I just figure i just spent 42 bucks for 42 pounds to be ground at the butcher, i could do it myself and ultimately save.

hoytman
10-21-2013, 09:04 PM
Go to LEM products on the web you will find everything and anything you will need for deer cutting , grinding needs that who I use

boulder bass
10-21-2013, 09:04 PM
I have the Cabelas 3/4 hp commercail grinder love it not cheap but well worth the expense.

Zack87
10-21-2013, 09:12 PM
Go to LEM products on the web you will find everything and anything you will need for deer cutting , grinding needs that who I use

ok so with LEM products, which one you have? also can they all have cube steak attachments?

hoytman
10-21-2013, 09:19 PM
ok so with LEM products, which one you have? also can they all have cube steak attachments?
I bought the #8 stainless steel grinder a few years back and it still runs like it just came out of the box , I ran a ton of deer through it over the years with no problems , ground meat , sausage , etc there's all kinds of attachments just check the site , there's cheaper grinders too , invest a little if you can it's worth it in the end they have seasonings , casings , etc

Zack87
10-21-2013, 09:25 PM
I bought the #8 stainless steel grinder a few years back and it still runs like it just came out of the box , I ran a ton of deer through it over the years with no problems , ground meat , sausage , etc there's all kinds of attachments just check the site , there's cheaper grinders too , invest a little if you can it's worth it in the end they have seasonings , casings , etc

ok cool ill be asking for it for xmas theres two number 8s and i dont really get as many deer as you. prolly only four would go through it cuz we do bring some to get made into sausage elsewhere. idk the number 8 countertop is like 119 or the number 8 you have which is a bit more....hmmmm decisons

Grizzlyadam
10-21-2013, 10:00 PM
I have several meat grinders big and small and my favorite go to grinder is the attachment for the kitchen aid mixer. It's super inexpensive and works as good as most others I've used. The stuffing tubes for it work very good as well.

hoytman
10-21-2013, 10:02 PM
I have several meat grinders big and small and my favorite go to grinder is the attachment for the kitchen aid mixer. It's super inexpensive and works as good as most others I've used. The stuffing tubes for it work very good as well.
Lol they do work great but the old lady won't let me use it anymore left blood all over it and that was the end of it

Bradysmaster
10-22-2013, 06:19 AM
I have the Cabelas 3/4 hp commercail grinder love it not cheap but well worth the expense.

Have same one, Its a good all around grinder for sausage etc... but sometime will get a little clogged up when you run a lot of meat through it.

35REM
10-22-2013, 08:38 AM
I use the grinder attachment on our kitchen aid stand mixer.

bbqhunter
10-26-2013, 10:29 PM
I've been grinding my own and making sausage for about 20 years now. Don't know of a grinder that will let you cube the meat as well, they are usually two different attachments. For the hobby person, if your wife has a kitchen aid mixer, they make some nice attachments that will work great for you, the grinder and the cuber both.
Other then that, LEMS is a great place to shop and get a good grinder and cuber, Cabela's also has good equipment for meat processing.
Just don't buy at Walmart, Target, Bed, Bath & Beyond, etc. stick with LEMs and Cabela's and get what you feel is best for you. But one bit of advise from someone who's been down the buying road many times before.
If you find a model that you feel is good enough for your needs, STOP! Rethink, and maybe buy the next model bigger or better, because once you get started grinding your own and making your own, your gonna love it and want to make more and the next thing you know, your doing bigger batches and will need a bigger machine, trust me, it's that much fun and that great tasting. Feel free to PM me with questions.
Good Luck!