PDA

View Full Version : 3rd day sit

hoytman
09-18-2013, 08:22 PM
Went out to one of my spots in the morning saw a small spike and 7 doe mosey on in but never gave a shot , left got some coffee and a sandwich got some stuff they call work done lol , got back in the stand at 4:00 was texting back and fourth with captmike and bloodtrail when two small bucks came in gave them a pass right around 4:30 ish texting back and fourth with bloodtrail about how much he loves my limited edition autographed hoytman poster that he hung in his living room lol , I look up on a ridge and had my first sighting this year in person of a buck my wife and I call stickers last year he was a basic main frame 10 with 6 sticker points around 150 ish this year he's has more stickers and mass and roughly around mid 160s , he was 90 yards away on a ridge just killing the acorns he continued up the ridge and gone , right around 6 4 does came in waited and waited one came in at 17 yards and smoked her with a deadly wasp heart shot she dropped dead in her tracks , dead before she even hit the ground 3rd one tagged with replacement tag , last year I drew on stickers once and never got a good shot and my wife twice

Rumpledump
09-18-2013, 08:33 PM
Looks like she has a beard lol

youngbuck
09-18-2013, 09:16 PM
Nice dude keep stacking em up

Bradysmaster
09-18-2013, 09:35 PM
Congrats! what exactly is replacement tag?

hoytman
09-18-2013, 09:40 PM
[QUOTE=Bradysmaster;101576]Congrats! what exactly is replacement tags.
Replacement TagsReplacement Antlerless Tags: If you register an antlerless deer, taken on private land, at one of the check stations which issues replacement tags, you may qualify for a replacement antlerless tag.
"Earn-A-Buck" Tags: If you register a total of 3 antlerless deer from private land during the same season you may qualify for a replacement either-sex tag.
Note: Hunters must bring their deer and completed Harvest Tag along with their report confirmation number in order to be issued replacement tags (more info). All replacement tags will be issued in limited numbers based on a zone's deer population management goals. Replacement tags are available in zones 11 and 12 during the private land shotgun/rifle season, the private land muzzleloader season and the archery season. Consult the Private Land Deer Management Zone Map for a description of zones. Replacement tags will only be valid for use on private lands within designated zones and only where written consent of the landowner has been granted. To receive a replacement antlerless tag, submission of the whole deer carcass is preferred. However, check stations that issue replacement tags are instructed to also accept the head of antlerless deer to verify harvest.

Bradysmaster
09-18-2013, 09:43 PM
[QUOTE=Bradysmaster;101576]Congrats! what exactly is replacement tags.
Replacement TagsReplacement Antlerless Tags: If you register an antlerless deer, taken on private land, at one of the check stations which issues replacement tags, you may qualify for a replacement antlerless tag.
"Earn-A-Buck" Tags: If you register a total of 3 antlerless deer from private land during the same season you may qualify for a replacement either-sex tag.
Note: Hunters must bring their deer and completed Harvest Tag along with their report confirmation number in order to be issued replacement tags (more info). All replacement tags will be issued in limited numbers based on a zone's deer population management goals. Replacement tags are available in zones 11 and 12 during the private land shotgun/rifle season, the private land muzzleloader season and the archery season. Consult the Private Land Deer Management Zone Map for a description of zones. Replacement tags will only be valid for use on private lands within designated zones and only where written consent of the landowner has been granted. To receive a replacement antlerless tag, submission of the whole deer carcass is preferred. However, check stations that issue replacement tags are instructed to also accept the head of antlerless deer to verify harvest.
Thanks for info Hoyt, I don't need more than 4 deer a year max for my family but good to know!!!!

hoytman
09-18-2013, 09:48 PM
[QUOTE=hoytman;101579]
Thanks for info Hoyt, I don't need more than 4 deer a year max for my family but good to know!!!!
No problem

boulder bass
09-18-2013, 11:07 PM
Damn yo wacking and stacking them like cord wood.

farmerjim
09-19-2013, 05:19 AM
nice shooting hoytman piling them up i see. waiting for someone on here to stick a good buck.

Andy
09-19-2013, 06:09 AM
Nice job Hoytman keep wacking and stacking ...:icon_super:

hoytman
09-19-2013, 06:41 AM
nice shooting hoytman piling them up i see. waiting for someone on here to stick a good buck.
I'm gonna letting a lot of small bucks and a 120 ish buck pass waiting for their daddy to come in

white devil
09-19-2013, 08:29 AM
Great job!! Wackem all!! Congrats!!!

dirt nap
09-19-2013, 09:04 AM
I haven't made it out yet this season due to a medical issue that came up on Saturday, I'm wondering if there's gonna be any deer left after the Hoyt family is done thinning the herd! Great job out there!!

Bradysmaster
09-19-2013, 09:22 AM
I haven't made it out yet this season due to a medical issue that came up on Saturday, I'm wondering if there's gonna be any deer left after the Hoyt family is done thinning the herd! Great job out there!!

Hope your feeling better soon D.N. There are still plenty of deer left up near your neck of the woods!!!!!! good town for deer if you can get on some pvt land.

Horizontal Hunter
09-19-2013, 10:19 AM
Congratulations on another nice doe for the freezer.

Bob

OFB
09-19-2013, 03:08 PM
Nice!!You must have a great spot!! Congratulations!!