PDA

View Full Version : Dicks is rationing shotgun shells

Bow Hunt CT
03-16-2013, 06:46 PM
Just a heads up for anyone out looking for shotgun ammo. I just got back from a trip to Dicks for trap ammo and they (at least the Meriden store) is limiting customers to 3 boxes per day. You also must have a "Score" card to purchase ammo so they can track your daily allotment. No score card no ammo...

pepperdawg
03-16-2013, 07:03 PM
Yet another reason to hate Dicks..........On a related note - there is a $10 of $50 coupon for dicks in the 2013 CT hunting regulation PDF......

danno1993
03-16-2013, 07:10 PM
Basically you can get enough ammo for 5 mins of shooting. They also have a 1 case limit on the bulk stuff if they still have any

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SIII using Tapatalk 2

RichieOxford
03-16-2013, 08:37 PM
wow they really are dicks

clinteastwood
03-16-2013, 08:38 PM
I was in my local Walmart today and walked by the empty ammo case. There was a guy there buying shotgun shells which was about all they had. He looked at me and said "I hope you're not looking for ammo" and then laughed to himself. I said no, that's why I reload, and laughed to myself as I was walking away. He then says, ya know, they took the mercury out of primers so they won't last as long anymore. He then proceeds to tell me anything I load now won't be any good in a year or two. I didn't bother to even try and debate with this slug. I just walked away.

ThStevens
03-16-2013, 08:51 PM
I was at Hoffman's today, not sure all the shotgun ammo they had, but they seemed to have a good selection. I picked up a box of 3" rifled slugs Winchester $18.99 for 15. I picked up a box of 2 3/4 .00 buck at Cabela's- Royal Buck 25 count $18.99.

Bow Hunt CT
03-16-2013, 10:37 PM
Yeah, I've been to just about every Dicks in the state in the past week looking for 16ga shells, and I can tell you none had a shortage of 12ga or 20ga. I think some of them were actually on sale. As recently as Thursday there were no restrictions, today was a different story. The 3 per customer didn't bother me as much as the you MUST have a score card to buy them. If anything it should be 3 per customer UNLESS you have a score card... So much for rewarding your good customers.

FYI unless you want to pay $15.00 a box 16ga shells are nowhere to be found in CT.

danno1993
03-16-2013, 10:48 PM
The 3 per customer didn't bother me as much as the you MUST have a score card to buy them. If anything it should be 3 per customer UNLESS you have a score card... So much for rewarding your good customers.

FYI unless you want to pay $15.00 a box 16ga shells are nowhere to be found in CT.
Exactly. I spend probably $5000+ a year there and all of a sudden im not allowed to buy s#!+

Tedak
03-17-2013, 12:35 PM
I bought 4 boxes of trap loads Saturday AM at the Enfield Dicks. Paid cash with no score card and no problem. He only asked for my DOB.

bigbuckdown1979
03-17-2013, 01:19 PM
I bought 3 boxes of ammo at dicks in Meriden and they only asked for my birthdate.

Bow Hunt CT
03-17-2013, 06:08 PM
We were in Meriden around 4pm yesterday. My buddys card wouldn't scan and they couldn't read the numbers. They needed his name and address to find is account and told him they wouldn't sell it to him without the score card. They were "Carding" another customer (I think they made him sign up) at another register and we were all complaining about the new policy.

Chefjlevy87
03-17-2013, 06:16 PM
Just curious why you guys all still shop at Dicks? They have terrible customer service... obviously don't care about their customers and at least the one by me always has a piss poor selection and are staffed by morons... I don't shop there because of all this and last time I bought ammo the clerk asked me more questions than I need to answer to buy a gun (this was WAY pre sandy hook) even after I showed her my pistol permit... It may not be as convenient for me, but I just go to Cabelas or a local shop for my needs...

Bow Hunt CT
03-17-2013, 07:40 PM
I was at Cabelas this morning. Shelves(shotshells) are bare except for the more expensive ammo, and the gun counter is WAY understaffed. It has been this way the past 5 or 6 time I have been there. I'd go somewhere else, but I have a hard time paying $10.00 to $15.00 a box for shells Dicks is selling for $7.00

Tedak
03-17-2013, 07:56 PM
I understand your question, Chefjlevy. If I was harrassed while checking out, I'd have left the stuff at the register and said "thank you, goodbye."

With ammo and components being as hard to come by as they currently are, I will get them when and where I can. I was hoping to stumble onto some 22LR's, but no such luck. Dicks is not one of my "go-to" places, but it is right next to the Home Depot that I needed to go into, so it was a target of opportunity.:icon_e_wink:

Chefjlevy87
03-17-2013, 08:21 PM
I understand your question, Chefjlevy. If I was harrassed while checking out, I'd have left the stuff at the register and said "thank you, goodbye."

With ammo and components being as hard to come by as they currently are, I will get them when and where I can. I was hoping to stumble onto some 22LR's, but no such luck. Dicks is not one of my "go-to" places, but it is right next to the Home Depot that I needed to go into, so it was a target of opportunity.:icon_e_wink:

Got ya... I am not saying dont shop there, I just wanted to see why everyone seems to... I have never had a good experience, I am not saying ALL Dicks are as bad as the one by me, but they are my last stop I go to if I can't find it anywhere else and I need it NOW... and I still usually leave empty handed...

danno1993
03-17-2013, 09:28 PM
The ONLY reason i shot at dicks is that its 5 mins from my house. Thats its. Oh and that walmart has a store policy that you gotta be 21yo to buy any ammo. If i lived closer to something else i'd say F Dicks.

Chefjlevy87
03-17-2013, 09:32 PM
Oh and that walmart has a store policy that you gotta be 21yo to buy any ammo.

That is some BULL POO!

danno1993
03-17-2013, 09:51 PM
That is some BULL POO!

Yessir. Couldng even buy shotgun shells. Im convinced every store besides Cabelas hates me

TooManyHobbies
03-18-2013, 09:46 AM
Yessir. Couldng even buy shotgun shells. Im convinced every store besides Cabelas hates me

Then give you business to the stores that welcome you and the heck with the rest.

shadow
03-18-2013, 10:01 AM
Who would have thought there would be a day that you need to drive around to find ammo, and when you find it you can only buy
3 boxes of the it and it's priced out of the range for some.
Stock up, buy it (if you can find it) while you can.

220combat
03-18-2013, 10:09 AM
Then give you business to the stores that welcome you and the heck with the rest.

Yes Sir!!!

ThStevens
03-18-2013, 10:30 AM
Who would have thought there would be a day that you need to drive around to find ammo, and when you find it you can only buy
3 boxes of the it and it's priced out of the range for some.
Stock up, buy it (if you can find it) while you can.

If my house caught on fire right now, you'd hear the explosion miles away!! lol Also, my dad has been buying ammo through Cabela's and having it shipped to him. The order make take a few weeks or more, but he's getting them.

pepperdawg
03-18-2013, 10:53 AM
bass Pro shops has (had) a 5$ flat shipping -no minumum coupon code going this weekend - fish5 - good thu 4/14

Enter promo code FISH5 at checkout

Thats how one can stock up.....hope this helps.

MTN_Infantry
03-24-2013, 08:42 PM
Yeah, I've been to just about every Dicks in the state in the past week looking for 16ga shells, and I can tell you none had a shortage of 12ga or 20ga. I think some of them were actually on sale. As recently as Thursday there were no restrictions, today was a different story. The 3 per customer didn't bother me as much as the you MUST have a score card to buy them. If anything it should be 3 per customer UNLESS you have a score card... So much for rewarding your good customers.

Center Sports in Columbia had a few boxes of 16 gauge for $10 the other week ... i grabbed 4 with what little cash I had in my pocket