PDA

View Full Version : My late season buck OH S%@T buck

hoytman
01-28-2013, 06:10 PM
Hereís something a little different from all the gun talk some bow talk , This January season started off as a good season got two new big properties in zone 12 , whacked a few does and ran into one of the nicest bucks you would ever run into . started back in the beginning of the season texting back and forth with blood trail whoís on this site ( great guy ) about seeing8575857685778578 deer , whacked deer and numerous in counters with this buck Iíve sat close to 13 days in a row for this buck after first spotting him sitting through wicked cold and not making myself go insane , 1st encounter he busted me in the tree stand due to the sun casting my shadow in his direction, 2nd encounter had him walking in at 70 yards closing the distance and a loose dog chases him off , 3rd encounter Iím going insane by this time I go to my ground blind overlooking a small 1 acre alpha field around 11am & boom there he is 17 yards in front of my blind had no other thing to do but crouch down and watch him so I didnít spook him off mean while I had on jeans and a sweat shirt with my heater body suit rolled up on my back it was 15 degrees and about an hour he finally walked off which felt like all day now frozen to the bone and trying not to cry ( I mean man tears ) I leave too. 4th encounter this passed Saturday felt good I was hoping I would see him & got to my blind around 5:30 in the morning set up and here we go had some does come in, a while later a spike horn with one horn at around 1:30 oh my god here he comes at 80 yards, 70 yards, 55 yards ok baby breath go at full draw when he gets at 30 yards heís done breath baby this is it call northeast taxidermy heís getting a free ride there 45 yards he stops oh no whatís up come on he looks left stomps his feet shakes his head scratches his head on the side and both horns fall to the ground OH S@%T was the first thing came to mind a giant smile a semi tear heart sank and the awesome what I call encounter shakes, he still came in at 24 yards decided to pass him up for hopefully a 5th encounter come this fall. the rack had 30 inch main beams and 14 scorable points was rough score by a friend at 175 inches given a 18 inch inside spread the fall canít come fast enough this was in zone 12 and no bait

TooManyHobbies
01-28-2013, 06:46 PM
NO WAY! What are the chances of that? To see any buck drop an antler, but to see a trophy drop both within mere yards of being shot? The hunting Gods have decided you shot enough this season. LOL. You got punked by God. :icon_twisted:

farmerjim
01-28-2013, 06:46 PM
hoytman you have had one heck of a season congrats and to top it off with those monster sheds that fell right in front of you. hope you get a shot at him next fall.

white devil
01-28-2013, 07:36 PM
Thats Killer!! Congrats!!!

MoodusHunter
01-28-2013, 08:03 PM
wow that is awesome! Can't wait to see what he looks like next season.

Louie-Louie
01-28-2013, 08:24 PM
Great post and pics. Thanks

recurvehunter79
01-28-2013, 08:32 PM
One of the best stories I have heard in a long time. Great post. At least you don't have to spend the winter looking for his sheds.

deepcallin
01-28-2013, 08:51 PM
Great story, and now you have the Rack.. and he still gets to walk free to be hunted another day... Good luck next year.
You put in your time, and have the experience to make it count!
It has been another good season for you, Congrats!

WestsideArcher
01-28-2013, 09:19 PM
very cool, very exciting. You made me feel the brutal cold like I was there, good story

nontypical
01-28-2013, 09:34 PM
Nice job hoyt.

Bradysmaster
01-29-2013, 05:16 AM
congrats on getting more private land and having that great experience!

hoytman
01-29-2013, 06:23 PM
Thanks guys will remember this one for a long time

bbqhunter
08-31-2013, 03:35 AM
I know this is an old post, and I'm sorry I just got around to reading it now. All I can say is, wow wee, what a story. Nice job too!

Shedhunter24/7
08-31-2013, 05:09 AM
I know this is an old post, and I'm sorry I just got around to reading it now. All I can say is, wow wee, what a story. Nice job too!
I agree. Never got around to reading this as I was not part of the site at that time. Phenomenal set of antlers and even a better story to go with it!

captmike69
08-31-2013, 09:11 AM
Where's the new trail cam pics of your boy!

bigbuckdown1979
08-31-2013, 09:15 AM
Where's the new trail cam pics of your boy!
Im waiting to see pics to!!!! I wanna know if he makes 200 inches this year!!

hoytman
08-31-2013, 12:09 PM
Where's the new trail cam pics of your boy! if you guys go to the next shoot I'll show you guys bloodtrail and a few seen them so far , I think he's at his peak this year might be pushing high 180 s ,