PDA

View Full Version : Store policy?

danno1993
12-14-2011, 03:36 PM
anyone know if the store policy for Dick's is 21 for the sale of ammo? tried to buy some 22lr for my mossberg 702 the store in meriden today and the lady at the register said i needed to be 21. i tried to explain that ct law is 18 for rifle ammo and 21 for pistol but she wouldnt have any of it (just saying that i can only buy bb gun, airsoft or paintball ammo) i shouldve went and asked the manager but the place was packed and i didnt feel like waiting.

same thing with walmart last week. (heard from a few people who had problems there)

what good is buying a gun from these places when u cant buy ammo to shoot it?

its just kinda aggravating that i gotta drive a heck of alot farther now to buy ammo instead of the 5 minute drive to dicks!

AGust82
12-14-2011, 04:27 PM
Dick's is staffed by people who couldn't care less about a law like that. She didn't know and wasn't taking a chance. Even if you waited for a manager you'd probably just get his guess/opinion too. Give your business to the small gun shops if Dick's doesn't want it.

TooManyHobbies
12-14-2011, 04:35 PM
You're too little to buy ammo, you'll shoot your eye out. :icon_e_smile:

farmfrenzy
12-14-2011, 04:39 PM
Went to the range today with my little cousin and he wanted to shoot my 10/22 . So, i told him to buy the ammo and he could shoot it all he wants . He just turned 18 back in november and he bought a box of 22 lr this morning from dicks in danbury, no questions asked. The lady at the register was proably thinking " you"ll shoot your eye out kid"

farmfrenzy
12-14-2011, 04:40 PM
:icon_winkle: jinx

danno1993
12-14-2011, 04:49 PM
Dick's is staffed by people who couldn't care less about a law like that. She didn't know and wasn't taking a chance. Even if you waited for a manager you'd probably just get his guess/opinion too. Give your business to the small gun shops if Dick's doesn't want it.
i would much rather do that, but dicks is just so close.

Went to the range today with my little cousin and he wanted to shoot my 10/22 . So, i told him to buy the ammo and he could shoot it all he wants . He just turned 18 back in november and he bought a box of 22 lr this morning from dicks in danbury, no questions asked. The lady at the register was proably thinking " you"ll shoot your eye out kid"

hum, maybe she was new or something, ill try again and see what happens

Cal45
12-14-2011, 05:53 PM
I remember some time back there was some hubbub about 22 ammo being able to fit both pistols and rifles. There was confusion as to which it came under. Looks like it hasn't been cleared up yet.

hayes1966
12-29-2011, 01:29 PM
I believe Walmart will ask for a permit or license if you are buying pistol ammo. A while back I was standing behind a guy who had 9mm, 40s&w and 45acp in his cart. The woman at the register asked if it was for a rifle or pistol. She never said a word, the guy smiled at me seeing something similar in my cart.

It comes down to training.

Danno,

I would write a letter to to store explaining the issue and express your concern about the rudeness of the employee helping you.

Outdoor Trophies
12-29-2011, 03:27 PM
Dicks has really bad policies. If you try to buy a gun from them and get denied by the auotmated system (which 9 times out of 10 they will use) you get added to a list and can never buy from them again. Happened to my brother in law, finally got it cleared but it was a hassle.