PDA

View Full Version : Prime time visitor!

Fletch'N'catch
10-22-2011, 07:37 PM
So went out to one of my spots. showed up to park and there was people everywhere which usually isnt the case, i was a little discouraged.But i decided to use the human taffic as an advantage so i decided to stay and hunt. I get up in my stand about 2:30and wait and wait ....nuthin. then right at 530 i hear single twig snap. i look and see a huge dark mass???? It gets within 40 yards it's a Beautiful Cow Moose:icon_e_surprised:! she hung out within 30 to 40 yards of me til the remander of legal hours.i was swithching between watching her browse and waiting for a deer to show. she was the only one to show. But i was amped to see such a beautiful animal. she didnt even spook when i climbed off the stand to go home! walking out got within 20 yards of her and she just hung out in the pines. No deer but a sight like that still made a day out in the woods well worth it!

joemichael
10-22-2011, 07:52 PM
That's awesome! Id love to see a moose. My buddy saw a cow in Colchester last year.

bobbythehunter
10-22-2011, 08:01 PM
great sighting no doubt. i take it your north and or west? west of CT river ? seemed like it was a perefect deer hunting day today. had a family committment and couldn't go. monday i hope it is a nice!

TooManyHobbies
10-22-2011, 10:32 PM
That's cool. Would love to see one while on stand. A bear would excite me too.

bloodtrail
10-22-2011, 11:37 PM
That's cool. Would love to see one while on stand. A bear would excite me too.what town was the moose in? I would love to see one!!

passinthru63
10-23-2011, 07:09 AM
Never seen a moose in CT yet, did see moose sign a few times though and heard one was seen around. I've seen them up close in Maine and new Brunswick though. Very cool.

small game
10-23-2011, 08:53 AM
good sighting roughly were are you located hoping to get a sighting or two myself

Fletch'N'catch
10-23-2011, 08:58 AM
it was in watertown close to rt 8 i hope she dont get mixed up with the highway.

Cal45
10-24-2011, 01:53 PM
I would say that in itself made for a near perfect day in the woods. The only thing that would have made it perfect would have been if you got a deer.