PDA

View Full Version : Private land

tfb577
10-08-2011, 02:58 PM
Looking to obtain permission to hunt some private land for deer archery and/or shotgun. Any leads or landowners who want to help out a deer hunter still trying to put down his first deer??? Willing to work or trade

heavymetal53
10-25-2011, 12:11 PM
Good luck finding private land. I have been looking for 6 months in the New Haven , Fairfield county area. Seems like knowbody wants hunters on their land.

bobbythehunter
10-25-2011, 12:29 PM
Looking to obtain permission to hunt some private land for deer archery and/or shotgun. Any leads or landowners who want to help out a deer hunter still trying to put down his first deer??? Willing to work or trade

hey i guess it never hurts to try. nice try

special k
10-25-2011, 03:22 PM
jmho, but the time to look for hunting land is not during hunting season. keep your eyes open, be pleasant and opportunity will come your way. don't bother with those who offer to "sell" their hunting rights.

recurvehunter79
10-25-2011, 04:05 PM
Dont underestimate state land. Public land in CT is awesome. I have seen some huge bucks in both archery and shotgun season. From my experience the state lands I have seen have very little hunting preassure, actually far less than some of the private land I hunt. At this point your better off putting your time in the woods than knocking on doors.